What is BIMsolar®
BIMsolar® is an innovative project supported by InnoEnergy and a free software that helps designing a photovoltaic installation, either BAPV (standard PV modules set on a roof), or BIPV (integrated PV on a curtain wall / window). The BIMsolar® software is developed by EnerBIM.
BIMsolar® runs on all Windows 64 platforms, except on virtual machines (VMware, Bootcamp...)
You need an account on this website to run BIMsolar®, as the software connects to a server to update PV databases, weather data, and to publish projects on the web.
Creating an account is easy and free.
You can still work offline as BIMsolar® uses a cache to store the last version of the databases.
- BIMsolar® imports a variety of 3d files, including BIM : SketchUp files, IFC files, gbXML files, EnergyPlus files.
- The server proposes a hundred of weather data stations, but you can add your own weather data files, in tm2, epw or csv format.
- BIMsolar® allows you to compute and visualize irradiance on your scene, taking into account direct, diffuse and reflected energy from the sun.
- You can add some PV modules on your building :
- Either BAPV modules (choose from a large database of manufacturers)
- Either BIPV modules (choose a PV cell, pattern and glazing)
- You can then select inverters from a large database, or ask the software to select the best inverters for your installation.
- Wiring can be done by hand or automatically.
- You can have access to many detailed results, monthly, daily or hourly, you can check incoming irradiance for a set of modules, production for a set of inverters, and have access to losses due to shadowing, heating, cables, or mismatching.
- You can also make a financial analysis, compute return on investment depending on various strategies : feed-in, selft consumption or mix.
Read more... BIPV-Insight Product Information Sheet